Long Term Care News
- Can a doctor's medical necessity decision be a false claim?
The underlying case centers on whether a False Claims Act case can be based on the allegation that a physician's determination of medical necessity is false. Courts around the country have ruled …
- Integrating security officers into the clinical team to prevent violence
St. Louis-based SSM Health implemented an initiative that encourages security officers to be a more active part of the care team in order to spot potentially violent incidents with patients before the …
- CIOs focus on proving IT's usefulness to drive adoption
After spending billions of dollars on new technology solutions, healthcare leaders must figure out ways to ensure a solid return investment. Children's Health CIO Pamela Arora and Centura Health …
- Breaking Bias: Everyone benefits from growing diversity in healthcare leadership
In this era of consumer-centric care, it's critically important to ensure that our clinicians, executives and even members of our governing boards, accurately represent and reflect the communitie …
- New Justice Dept. policies, new AG may mute False Claims Act whistleblowers
Healthcare industry groups have new hope that whistleblower cases will dwindle or even go away under new Attorney General William Barr.
- Editorial: The transparency trap
Among all the proffered panaceas for reducing America's high healthcare costs, price transparency is the least likely to make a major dent in the problem.
- Q&A: Centene CEO Michael Neidorff stays focused on attaining growth
Centene Corp. CEO Michael Neidorff says that the large Medicaid managed-care plan is well positioned to deliver high quality products that lower costs.
- IT leaders looking for meaningful data-exchange regs
Industry stakeholders were generally optimistic about proposed data-exchange rules, but they want regulators to ensure the information is useful to patients
- Week Ahead: CVS, CHS, AllScripts ready earnings reports
Insurance industry analysts are anxiously waiting for CVS Health to report its Q4 2018 financial results. It'll be the first quarter since the pharmacy behemoth closed its $70 billion deal to acq …
- Name and shame: HHS using disclosure, transparency to try to force change
HHS is using a public approach to enforcing its rules on healthcare stakeholders.